Minister of Sports and Connections
The Minister of Sports and Connections is responsible for all aspects of connecting the church to the community through Sports Ministries and helping new people to become part of the congregation from first time visit through baptism and involvement.
The Minister of Sports and Connections must be a spiritually mature man who is passionate about using sports as an instrument to reach the lost, teaching the Word of God, and believes in its power to change lives. He will have oversight of all sports related ministries and follow-up. This position is also responsible for designing and implementing an effective way to connect, recruit, and train the body for volunteer ministry.
Responsibilities – Sports:
- Develop and oversee all programs and ministries within the Sports Ministry. (Bridges Sports Ministry includes: Upward Basketball, Cheerleading, Soccer, Flag Football, Men’s 4 on 4 Basketball and the development of other sports outreach ministries.)
- Use sports as a tool for evangelism and reaching the unchurched participants and their families throughout our communities.
- Recruit, train, support, and lead the volunteers for all areas of the Sports Ministry.
- Coordinate the scheduling and maintenance of the community center, fields, and gym with the church calendar and other ministries of the church.
- Maintain and grow our Sports Ministry while continually providing new activities and opportunities at the highest level of excellence for all participants.
- Plan, submit, and oversee the budget of the Sports Ministry as well as all other financial aspects of the ministry.
- Maintain and grow the Upward Sports program by the total number of participants and through continued partnerships with area churches.
Responsibilities – Connections:
- Lead in moving first time guests to becoming fully developing members.
- Lead the Guest Services Ministry as part of the church’s weekend services.
- Provide leadership, growth, and innovation through the use of The Bridge (ministry and volunteer database system).
- Facilitate a Starting Point class as the first step in an attendee’s connection and involvement in the church. Initiate new/additional classes as needed.
- Oversee the growth and future development of Life Groups.
- Upward Sports consists of approximately 30 Saturdays per year.
- Upward practices, coach and referee meetings, and Men’s 4 on 4 Basketball are scheduled to take place on weekday evenings.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in ministry or related field from a Restoration Movement college. Previous experience in a ministry leadership capacity is a plus. The successful individual will be a strong leader, has a passion for connecting with people, is exceptionally well organized, and has a solid work ethic.
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.