Seeking Worship Minister
Bridges Christian Church is seeking to fill a full-time Worship Minister position. Bridges Christian Church is a multi-generational, Restoration Movement church in northeastern Kentucky that averages 700 to 800 in worship. Bridges believes that Worship Ministers don’t lead songs, they lead people. At Bridges worship is more than the music before a sermon. Worship happens beyond the walls of the church, every day. The responsibility of the Worship Minister is to lead the attenders and others to live their lives like the lyrics of a song, continually praising God for His love and goodness.
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Bridges Christian Church
Position Description: The worship minister will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship minister will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship minister must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship minister is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, core values and worship philosophy of Bridges Christian Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- Degree in Ministry or Music/Worship preferred, although demonstrated experience in Worship Ministry will be considered.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Skilled in musical direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, team building, and interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledgeable in the use of worship technology.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-motivated, results-oriented contributor.
Candidates interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30, 2018. Applicants should also include their personal testimony with their resume.