We are seeking a capable and committed Christian to assume leadership in children’s ministries. This is a full-time salaried position.
Bridges is a multi-generational, church in Russell, Kentucky. The church is associated with the Christian Churches of the Restoration Movement (also known as the Stone-Campbell Movement). We average sixty to seventy 1st-5th graders on Sunday mornings. We are well known throughout our communities for our emphasis on high-quality children’s programs.
The Children’s Pastor provides leadership over activities and programs focusing on the spiritual growth and development of elementary-age children both in church-based activities and in the context of their families.
Worship and Christian Education: This involves direct leadership of children’s worship and other multi-grade activities such as Sunday evenings, King’s Kids, WinShape, and other summer camp experiences. This also involves administrative leadership of adult volunteers that assist in these and other activities involved in spiritual formation, Bible learning, and outreach. Currently, Bridges makes use of The Orange curriculum (ThinkOrange.com) for early childhood and elementary age children.
Family-centered: Bridges is committed to fostering intergenerational experiences and strengthening families. This is often called a family-based ministry approach. Parents (or other caregivers) are partners we try to engage and support. Although ministering directly to children is central, encouraging and supporting their families is also important.
Essential Job Functions
- Guard, nurture, and invest in your own personal relationship with Christ. Maintain moral purity and integrity as befits a servant-leader of Jesus Christ.
- Design, lead, and facilitate children’s worship, Bible learning, and spiritual-formation activities for elementary age children.
- Recruit, encourage, and equip volunteer leaders who serve within one or more of the children’s programs of the church.
- Engage parents and caregivers to support and equip their families, recognizing the central role God assigns families in faith formation.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the budget as it relates to children’s ministries.
- Serve within the Bridges team of pastors and staff. This includes scheduled staff meetings, sharing in roles such as hospital calling, and cooperating with other ministries areas when extra help is needed. A key part of Bridges is that all pastors pitch-in and help one another from time to time.
- Maintain appropriate office hours ensure consistency and availability.
Education and Experience
We recognize there are multiple paths of education and life experience that God uses to prepare men and women for leadership ministries. We are hesitant in laying out what may be considered typical preparation for ministry. We know God has raised up effective and life-changing leaders out of unexpected life circumstances.
A higher education foundation in Christian ministry from a Christian university or seminary is certainly very desirable. This is especially true if the ministry training includes a focus on children’s ministry. Another common scenario is a person with a bachelor or master’s degree in teacher education.
With or without those educational backgrounds, a person’s life experience and passions can be critically important for God to use her or him in a children’s ministry role. If you believe God may have equipped you for this role, we are certainly open to hear your story.
Christian Beliefs and Life
It is essential for children’s pastors be mature practicing Christians. He or she also needs a level of biblical knowledge appropriate for this role in church leadership. If you have questions, please feel free to ask. At the same time, understand we may also have questions for you regarding your faith journey, your current life, and your beliefs.
To become a candidate please submit a resume to:
Kevin Fraley/ Executive Pastor
Bridges Christian Church
1402 Kenwood Drive
Russell, KY 41169